Top 10 Colorful Plant Choices
Think outside the box when adding color in your yard! Flowers can also add curb appeal to your home if you are looking at selling. Check out the following list of low-maintenance plants and flowers you still have time to add and enjoy:
- Hydrangea Invincibelle® Spirit: These beautiful pink hydrangeas are perfect for any garden due to their versatility. They grow well in a variety of soils and can handle lots of direct sunlight if watered well.
- Hydrangea paniculata Pinky Winky®: This flower is unique and blooms from the summer to the first frost. Enjoy its lovely color year round, even during extremely dry conditions.
- Meidiland Rose: These eye-catching roses come in a variety of colors and thrive in full sunlight. If you have a rocky area or a bank, these roses can even grow in those conditions.
- Juniper ‘Blue Carpet’: This non-flowering juniper flourishes in the sun and is able to adapt to a variety of different soils. If you are looking for ground cover, this plant spreads 4 – 5 feet wide.
- Hydrangea ‘Annabelle’: This white, flowing plant produces flowers that can grow to be up to 12 inches in diameter. One of the key features of this beautiful flower is that it has a long bloom season that lasts from late spring to fall.
- Euonymus alatus ‘Compactus’: This plant is also known as dwarf burning bush and stands between 6 – 8 feet tall. This low-maintenance bush features yellow flowers and requires little water, making it hardy enough to withstand dry conditions.
- Echinaceas: These coneflowers resemble daisies, but last much longer! Some hybrid varieties can survive in temperatures of -30 degrees Fahrenheit. They require a lot of sun and water though they don’t require fertilizer!
- Physocarpus ‘Seward’ Summer Wine®: This colorful shrub blooms during the summer time, and will need to be cut in the winter to ensure blooming the following summer.
- Buddleia Low and Behold®: This beautiful bush produces flowers in a variety of colors, blooms all summer and requires a lot of sunlight. The dark green color of the foliage causes the beautiful flowers to pop!
- Rosa Oso Easy® Urban Legend®: These bright red flowers are great if you live in an area that gets cold during the winter. Blooming from summer to frost, these roses are very tolerant to heat.
The Grounds Guys is a one-stop solution for landscaping, irrigation, weed control, outdoor lighting and much more